Items associated with name 'Jackson Family'
by Jackson Family (1865 – 1968)
1 box (0.5 linear feet)
The Jackson Family photograph collection visually documents the prominent Salisbury, Maryland family including United States Senator William P. Jackson and Maryland Republican State Central Committee member, William Newton Jackson. Florence Rue, wife of William Newton Jackson, and daughter of Philadelphia National Bank President, Levi Lingo Rue and family is also visually documented in this series of photographic images. Visually, the images document the wealth and status of the two families, from 1865-1968 with the bulk of the images dating from 1880-1920.
by Hughes, Mary (2014)
1 folder (0.01 linear feet)
Report of the Jackson family's property history once located at 500 - 514 Camden Avenue, named The Homestead and The Towers. The property was purchased by St. Francis de Sales Parish and converted into the Olde Carriage House Thrift Shop. The report documents the changing land from 1880 - 2014.
by Stone, Margaret (1895 – 2000s)
1 box, 1 oversize folder (0.5 linear feet)
The Margaret Stone papers are comprised of genealogy research conducted by Margaret Stone and relate to many different Wicomico County, Maryland families focusing specifically on the linage of Elihu and Annie “Nannie” Rider Jackson. Also contained within the collection are materials related to the Jackson Lumber Company of Riderwood, Alabama and Tony Tank Manor. In addition, there are items related to Ehliu Jackson’s political career. The materials date from 1895, 1982-2000, specifically documenting when Ms. Stone conducted her genealogical research.
by Lewis, Michael (2000 – 2009)
4 cartons (4 linear feet)
The papers of Michael Lewis reflect research he and several students collected regarding Maryland environmental history after his arrival at Salisbury University in 2000. A significant portion of the papers pertain to the Delmarva Peninsula including the health of the Chesapeake Bay, Ocean City, and Maryland ecology. There is also research conducted on the transition of 20th century Delmarva agriculture and the poultry industry. The papers include several oral histories from Dr. Lewis’ colleagues, ornithologists from the Ward Museum, and Delmarva environmentalists. Many of the documents are facsimiles of their original whose origin dates from 1887-2009.